Fireclay is a strong, durable material, which makes it a popular pick for kitchen sinks. Farmhouse sinks offer a rustic, homey feel that somehow feels classy and put together. Combine the two, and you get stunning, hardy kitchen sinks.
In today’s day and age, fireclay farmhouse sinks come in a few different designs, colors, sizes, and brands. Today, we’ll take a look at a few of the best fireclay farmhouse sink brands to help you pick the perfect sink to complete your kitchen. So, if the rustic, classy feel is what you’re going for in your kitchen, continue reading to learn more!
In This Article
Favorite Fireclay Farmhouse Sink Brands Include:
What Is A Farmhouse Sink?
Before we dive into the extensive brand list and the technicalities of each, let’s outline the basics. For anyone who is unfamiliar with a farmhouse kitchen sink, they are massive, deep sinks with an exposed front.
You may also hear them called apron front sinks, but the two refer to the same thing. The sinks offer a distinctive look to any kitchen, as the entire front side is exposed. Because of the configuration, these sinks require special installation and a hefty base cabinet to support the weight.
The design of the sink was intended to make life easier for those without running water. In some cases, the sink is split in half, with one section for storing water and the other side for multi-purpose tasks.
What Is Fireclay?
While we’re at it, we might as well take a peek at fireclay. The material is a ceramic mixture, composed of clay and glaze. The two materials are mixed together, shaped, then fired at extremely high temperatures, usually between 1,600 and 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Due to the manufacturing process, fireclay sinks are extremely durable. They’re scratch, stain, and heat resistant, making them a great choice for sinks in busy kitchens. In addition, fireclay resists cracks and doesn’t easily chip.
The hardy nature of the material allows it to facilitate the installation of garbage disposals, although you’ll need to use one that is compatible with fireclay. Fireclay sinks are thicker, so installing a garbage disposal requires special drain inserts, faucets, and accessories.
Best Fireclay Farmhouse Kitchen Sink Brands
With a clear idea of a farmhouse sink and fireclay itself in mind, let’s take a look at a few of the best fireclay farmhouse kitchen sink brands. Many of these brands offer several types of sinks, aside from fireclay farmhouse sinks, but we’ll focus on this particular sink type for now.
With each brand, we’ll look at one of its great sink options. Hopefully, you’ll have a better idea of the best brands by the end of your reading!
As one of the better-known brands in the industry, Kraus has an excellent reputation. The company produces high-quality plumbing fixtures, including bathroom and kitchen products. Although Kraus started out as a single faucet company specializing in high-end faucets, the company has expanded its product lineup.
Nowadays, Kraus produces excellent, quality sinks, including farmhouse fireclay kitchen sinks. These sinks are a popular pick for their stylish, high-end fireclay sinks. One of Kraus’ excellent models is the Kraus KFR1-33 GWH High-End Reversible Fireclay Farmhouse Sink.
This elegant sink is reversible, which makes for easy, straightforward installation. It features a sloped bottom for easy draining and a stainless steel dish grid to prevent utensils from resting on the bottom of the sink.
The depth of the bowl makes washing large, awkward pots and pans a breeze, and is composed of true fireclay. Some fireclay sinks aren’t truly solid fireclay and instead are made using another metal, like stainless steel. This can cause issues when hot water is poured on them, causing the sink to warp or bend.
- 100% ITALIAN-MADE: A stunning union of time-tested quality and high-end craftsmanship, made by...
- SMART REVERSIBLE FARMHOUSE DESIGN with center-set drain installs with modern flat apron front or...
- SOLID CORE CONSTRUCTION is incredibly durable unlike hollow-core competitor products that can crack...
- PERFECT DRAINING: Optimized bottom slope keeps water from pooling and prevents fragile glassware...
A few notable pros and cons of this specific sink include:
- Sloped bottom for better drainage
- Bottom dish grid protects the bottom of the sink from scratches and damage
- Great for a contemporary kitchen
- Composed of true fireclay
- Rear offset drain
- A plastic strainer is available but sold separately
This brand is a lesser-known company, but is no less worth it. Whitehaus produces excellent products and prides itself on using only the finest quality materials in its sinks. Dozens of reviews rave over the quality and craftsmanship of these sinks.
Whitehaus excels in many areas, but particularly in the farmhouse sink sector. The company prioritizes quality, using the finest finishes to glaze the sinks, which ensures your farmhouse sink will retain its shine and durability for many years.
As a trusted brand globally, the popularity of its products is no surprise. One of Whitehaus’ spectacular sinks is its Farmhaus Quatro Alcove 33-inch Reversible Double Bowl Fireclay Sink.
This sink features a beautiful, shiny glaze that keeps the sink looking brand new for a long while. It comes with a 10-year warranty on the glaze, so scratches and daily wear and tear can be repaired as needed.
Its reversible nature allows you to pick the side you prefer. Whether you like the textured ridges of the fluted side or the smooth, glossy surface of the opposite side, pick the option that best matches your aesthetic tastes.
The sink has two bowls that mirror each other in size and depth, which allows you to complete multiple tasks simultaneously. There’s a casual, subtle curve to the center divider (also made of fireclay) that adds an elegant feel to the sink. Each bowl has slightly rounded corners, which helps with drainage.
- 3 1/2" center drain
- Sink is finished on all four sides
- Elegant Beveled front apron on one side and Decorative 2" lip on the other
- Intricate design on sides of sink
A few pros and cons of this particular model include:
- Dual bowls make multi-tasking easy
- Polished and finish on all four sides
- Reversible, fluted on one side, smooth on the other
- 10-year Whitehaus glaze finish warranty
- 1-year warranty on manufacturer defects
- Comes with pre-drilled standard drain holes
- Drain assembly isn’t included with the sink
- It doesn’t come with a protective grid
- A bit pricier than other options
Created by craftsmen with many years of experience, Houzer fireclay sinks are a force to be reckoned with. All of Houzer’s fireclay sinks are crafted in Israel, in Houzer ISO-certified factories. Many reviews applaud these sinks for their longstanding durability and quality.
Houzer’s PTG-4300 WH Durable Apron-Front Single Bowl Fireclay Farmhouse Sink is one of the best from the company in its class. Despite the approachable price tag, the sink comes with a limited lifetime guarantee, ensuring you get the most out of your sink.
The sink is fired at 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit, taking a total of over 20 hours to create the product. Because of the extremely high heat, the sink’s surface is durable and great for busy kitchens.
Houzer combines classic old hand craftsmanship with cutting-edge technology to create these sinks. The company uses the most advanced injection molding methods to create the sink. In addition, the sink is ISO certified, so you can proceed with peace of mind surrounding its safety and quality.
- Platus Fireclay Farmhouse Apron Front Single Bowl, White
- Timeless fireclay with contemporary radius
- Chip, crack and scratch resistant
- Non-porous semi-glossy surface
As with most products, this sink has a few benefits and drawbacks, including:
- Sturdy and well made
- Maintains its luster over a long period of time
- Single basin design offers ample workspace
- Center drain location makes for easy draining
- Dark liquids can stain the surface if not immediately rinsed away
- Higher cost
Bocchi is another foreign brand on our list. These fireclay sinks are crafted in Turkey using a special high-pressure casting system. The result is beautifully made, sophisticated designs that immediately draw the eye in any kitchen.
Many reviews attest to the durability and classy looks of Bocchi’s farmhouse sinks. The sinks are available in nine color options, including grays, browns, blues, whites, and blacks. One of Bocchi’s highly-rated models is the 1138-025-0120 Classico Apron Front Fireclay Farmhouse Kitchen Sink.
Composed of organic fireclay, this stunning sink sees to your needs right out of the gate. It features a single bowl design that makes cleaning large pots, pans, and other dishes quickly and easily, whether you need to soak them or not. The protective grid fits perfectly in the bottom of the sink and protects it from damage while allowing water to easily drain.
The drain sits in the middle of the sink, ensuring unproblematic draining. If you want to install a garbage disposal without the hassle of finding special flanges or accessories, this sink is a great option, as no unique flanges are necessary.
Although this sink comes well packaged, it can be a bit tricky to install and will require help during installation. It weighs a whopping 200 pounds, so maneuvering it into place can be complicated without an extra hand.
- Outside Sink Dimensions: 30" Length x 18" Width x 10" Height | Fits Cabinet Size: 33" | Inside Sink...
- Includes removable protective bottom grid & strainer
- 100% non-porous surface provides unmatched stain resistance compared to matte stone or other...
- Extreme resistance to chip, discoloration, scratching and cracking.Never use an abrasive material...
A few high and low points of this sink include:
- Neutral white color complements any kitchen
- Comes with a basket strainer and protective grid
- Crack resistant
- Made with organic fireclay
- Single bowl design makes cleaning a breeze
- A slight pitch may be necessary for better draining
- Heavy stains require cleaner
Lordear produces an extensive range of kitchen sinks, including excellent fireclay sinks. Some of the company’s offerings are slightly different from most fireclay kitchen sinks.
For example, Lordear offers a farmhouse kitchen sink with a stainless steel bowl. Instead of the fireclay interior, the bowl is composed of stainless steel. If you like the looks of fireclay sinks but prefer the benefits of stainless steel, this sink might be a good option for you.
However, since we’re here to focus on fireclay farmhouse sinks, let’s take a look at Lordear’s 33-inch Luxury Modern Fireclay Farmhouse Apron Kitchen Sink. The clay that composes this sink is fired at a staggering 2,900 degrees Fahrenheit, leaving no doubts about the durability and quality of the sink.
It doesn’t scratch, chip, or warp due to heat, making it an exceptional choice. Whether you need a sink that can withstand the abuse of a busy kitchen or simply appreciate the classic looks of this sink, it’s a solid option.
- ❤ The white farmhouse kitchen sink made in Constructed of true fireclay a special white clay that...
- ❤ Deep Single Bowl Farm Sink – The Kitchen Sink has deep bowls, you have plenty of room for...
- ❤ Easy to Clean & Stain Resistan--Coordinate your sink color with your décor and style; washes...
- ❤ What's in the Package --Include a 30 white farm kitchen sink, 304 stainless steel dish grid,...
The sink comes with a few accessories, including a stainless steel sink grid to protect the bottom of the sink. A few pros and cons of this particular sink include:
- Exceptionally durable and robust
- Great for busy kitchens
- Comes with several accessories
- Easy to clean
- Can be installed as an undermount or a farmhouse apron front sink
- Composed of solid fireclay
- On the expensive end of the spectrum
- May crack when subjected to excessive pressure
Ruvati’s fireclay sinks are crafted by skilled artisans in Italy. These artisans have perfected and honed their craftsmanship over many generations, ensuring excellent quality products. Ruvati fires its fireclay sinks at extremely high temperatures of up to 2,900 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure maximum durability.
One of Ruvati’s popular farmhouse sinks is the Reversible White Fireclay Farmhouse Apron Front Sink. It boasts a versatile design, which allows you to install it according to your personal style preferences.
This particular sink has extra thick fireclay that is fired at 2,900 degrees Fahrenheit, which ensures a sturdy construction. It features an attractive shiny finish that you can easily clean with mild dish detergent. The thickness (1 inch thick) of the sink helps reduce the chances of cracking and chipping over its lifespan.
- WORKSTATION sink with single-tier track
- Exterior dimensions: 33" (wide) x 22" (front-to-back) | Interior bowl dimension: 30" (wide) x 16"...
- MINIMUM Base Cabinet: 36" wide
- Standard 3.5" drain opening will fit most garbage disposal unit
However, due to the thickness of the sink, extended flanges are often required for installing garbage disposals. The sink comes with its own drain assembly and a drain strainer. A few benefits and drawbacks of this model include:
- Highly durable due to high firing temperatures
- Extra thickness lends to durability
- Comes with a limited lifetime
- Drain is located in the center for optimal drainage
- Comes with an installation guide
- Drain hole isn’t quite big enough
- Requires extra care
Like a few other brands on our list, Latoscana sinks are manufactured in Italy. The company prioritizes quality, durability, and authentic designs. Many reviews applaud the company’s farmhouse sinks, raving over the elegant looks and solid construction.
One of Latoscana’s popular fireclay farmhouse kitchen sinks is the 33-inch Reversible Modern Single Bowl Fireclay Farmhouse Kitchen Sink. If you have your heart set on a garbage disposal, this sink is another great option. You won’t need any extended flanges for your garbage disposal installation.
There are a few different ways you can install this sink: undermount, raised, or flush mount. This sink is a bit lighter than other fireclay sinks, so installation isn’t as complex. It has a fluted Italian design on one side, while the other is flat and smooth. Since the sink is reversible, you can pick which side you’d like to display.
The single-bowl design is great for tackling larger pots and pans, whether you need to soak them or simply wash them. Although it is much bigger than most kitchen sinks, it isn’t as deep as other fireclay sinks. So, if you’d like to conserve water, this is a great choice, as the bowl will fill faster with less water.
- 100 % Exquisitely Italian made reversible design. Fireclay sinks are beautifully finished on all...
- Standard 3 1/2" drain opening and compatible with waste disposal units or standard basket strainers
- Reversible fireclay sinks off a simple fluted design on 1 side and a completely smooth surface on...
- It offers you a variety of installation option such as flush mount, undermount or raised sink. Sink...
A few advantages and disadvantages of this particular sink include:
- Reversible with one fluted sideSingle bowl design offers plenty of space for washing
- Various mounting options
- Resists temperature changes and staining
- Drain is centered for easy draining
- Drain assembly isn’t included with the sink
- Shallower bowl can be a negative
Last update on 2022-05-19 / Some Images from Amazon Product Advertising API