Among the dozens of massive faucet brands in the industry, Vigo is a brand that seems to get lost. Unlike popular faucet companies like Moen, Delta, or Kohler, Vigo isn’t a household name. You might not even recognize the name, or maybe you’ve never heard it before.
So, now, perhaps you’re searching for a new faucet for your kitchen or bathroom and come across Vigo faucets. Are they good products? Is Vigo a reliable brand? Who makes the products? If you’re considering a Vigo faucet, but want to do your due diligence with research, continue reading to learn more!
About Vigo Faucets
Before we get into the specifics, let’s take a look at the company as a whole. Vigo Industries is relatively new to the scene but is growing by leaps and bounds. Lenny Valdberg started the company in 2004, so it’s nowhere near as old as some of the industry’s major brands.
However, that’s not to say it’s not doing well. Back in 2014, it was named one of the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the United States. Vigo’s products are known for their unique styles and high quality.
The company holds itself to a higher standard, striving to meet the highest quality and environmental standards in nearly all of its products. It does more than simply meet the EPA’s WaterSense program standards. Its products also meet IAPMO standards, and the company is also involved in various industry organizations.
Vigo Industries prioritizes three primary points to ensure the quality of its brand:
- To offer a world-class experience: Vigo attempts to create an exceptional experience for every one of its customers. The company encourages open dialogue, even negative comments, as it allows the chance to better its products.
- To enhance living: One of Vigo’s primary focuses is on seamless living. The company’s goal is to offer fixtures that fit “seamlessly into your life.”
- To promote creativity: Vigo’s striking designs are a distinguishing point for its faucets. It prioritizes form and function equally, ensuring you get a beautiful, fully functional faucet.
With a basic foundation of the company’s beginnings, let’s dive into the specifics.
Is Vigo A Reputable Company?
Certainly, Vigo is a reputable company. Considering the company made it as one of the fastest-growing and succeeding companies within just five years of the company’s inception, it’s doing quite well. This is an excellent indicator of a solid brand – customer satisfaction often drives a company’s success.
In addition, Vigo’s three main focuses are solid indicators of a reputable brand. Many brands have big and bold mission statements, but not all of them back them up with action. Vigo encourages customers to voice any concerns, complaints, comments, and suggestions.
By maintaining an open line of communication, the company can grow and develop to accommodate the needs and wants of its customers. In taking customer feedback seriously and tying it to new technology and industry trends, Vigo has managed to build an empire in a short time.
Does Vigo Offer A Good Warranty?
The warranty can tell you quite a bit about a company. For the most part, companies that are confident in their products are more likely to offer a stellar warranty. However, not all companies are large enough or in a position to do so.
Considering the relatively young age of Vigo Industries, its warranties are pretty impressive. While Vigo doesn’t offer the same, all-encompassing warranty that mirrors many other massive brands in the industry, its offerings are reasonably solid.
Vigo’s products come with a limited lifetime warranty. Like most faucet brands, Vigo’s warranty covers your product for its lifespan based on any manufacturer’s defects. The company warrants the faucet’s structural components are free from defects in workmanship and materials.
This warranty covers everyday use and the period starting from the purchase date through the product’s lifetime by the original owner. However, while many major brands in the industry guarantee the faucet will be leak and drip-free for its lifespan, Vigo doesn’t offer the same.
Instead, Vigo’s faucet cartridges are covered for five years. A one-year warranty backs faucet sprayers and all kitchen and bathroom accessories feature one-year warranties.
While the warranty is solid, it doesn’t quite measure up to that of its major competitors. With that said, the warranty is better than some, so that’s something to consider.
Where Are Vigo Faucets Made?
Vigo imports its faucets from Chinese suppliers, then brands and sells them under the name of Vigo. In addition to kitchen and bathroom faucets, Vigo also imports other kitchen and bathroom products, including sinks and other accessories.
Two of Vigo’s well-known faucet manufacturers also sell a few faucets under their own brands in various other areas of the world. Aside from purchasing generic, unbranded faucets, Vigo also collaborates with manufacturers to create its own line of exclusive faucets. Now, roughly ⅓ of the sink faucets within Vigo’s product lineup are specifically designed and manufactured for the company.
Are Vigo Faucets Good Quality?
Vigo’s faucets are constantly improving with customer suggestions and feedback. Their faucets are solid quality and boast several benefits that other faucets don’t have. Although the selection of faucet finishes is fairly limited, they’re durable, buildup resistant, and feature unique designs.
A few of the perks include:
- Durable finish: Vigo’s faucets undergo a 7-layer plating process that bodes well for overall durability. The finish is corrosion and tarnish-resistant, which is more than many faucets offer. In addition, these faucets are eco-friendly and water-efficient.
- Unique designs: The looks of Vigo faucets are a priority for the company. You get a unique, original design that offers beauty and functionality, all in one nice, neat package. They’re available in varying designs that meet the aesthetics of both traditional and modern tastes.
- Buildup resistance: This is a major concern for many high-tech faucets. Vigo faucets boast an easy-to-clean surface, including the spray face. While the spray face resists mineral buildup, cleaning is necessary from time to time. That said, wiping the surface clean of dirt and limescale is quick and easy.
- Inexpensive: Compared to many of the industry’s top brands, Vigo faucets are relatively cheap. Products are available to nearly every budget. While some faucets are on the inexpensive end of the spectrum, the company’s attention to standards and quality doesn’t falter.
On the flip side, a few cons may include:
- Poor water pressure: Some customers have mentioned issues with low water pressure for specific faucets. Since Vigo actively considers customer feedback, this may or may not be a problem with current models. However, since customers have previously mentioned it, it’s a notable consideration.
- Below-average warranty: Although Vigo’s faucet warranty is better than some, many other major brands offer better warranties. This might not be a deal-breaker, but it’s worth mentioning.
Popular Vigo Faucets
Vigo offers quite a few different faucets designed for kitchen and bathroom use.
A few of Vigo’s popular kitchen faucets include:
- Vigo VG02001STK2 19” H Edison Single-Handle with Pull-Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Vigo VG02029MB 18” H Greenwich Single-Handle with Pull-Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- VIGO VG02008MB 17″ H Gramercy Single-Handle with Pull-Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
A couple of Vigo’s popular bathroom faucets include:
- Vigo VG01041 Paloma 1.2 GPM Single-Hole Bathroom Faucet in Matte Black
- Vigo VG01015 Satro 1.2 GPM Single-Hole Bathroom Faucet in Chrome
- Vigo VG01009 Noma 1.2 GPM Single-Hole Bathroom Faucet in Chrome