An outdoor sink is a great addition to your al fresco kitchen.
It has many uses when you are entertaining, having a family get-together or barbecue, and if you have a garden, it’s useful for washing off your veg harvest before you take them indoors.
So what’s stopping you from having a sink in your outdoor kitchen?
Perhaps you think an outdoor sink is an extravagance and seems a little pretentious. But take a look at all the uses it has. When entertaining, you can use it for cleaning up or fill it with ice to keep drinks cold.
Maybe you think installing an outdoor sink is too complicated.
Well, let us put your mind at rest and take you through some of the best outdoor sinks, so you can see just how functional yet stylish a sink in your outdoor kitchen can be.
Our Top Outdoor Sinks
- Kraus KBU11 20-inch Undermount Single Bowl: A good-sized and easy-to-install sink with noise-deadening technology
- Houzer E-100 Midnite Quartztone: Made from a composite of quartz and acrylic to produce a material that is 3 times stronger than natural granite
- Kraus Pax Single Bowl: A high-quality stainless steel bowl with a contemporary look and zero radius corners
- Houzer A1722-7BS-1 ADA Glowtone: Extremely high corrosion resistant sink with undercoat protection and silencer pads
- Ruvati BBQ Workstation: Comes with a cutting board that doubles as a cover to create extra food preparation space on your countertop
Outdoor Sink Reviews
Kraus KBU11 20-inch Undermount Single Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
This stainless steel sink is not just beautiful to look at but extremely functional as well. Its curvaceous corners make it a breeze to clean.
And as it is an undermount sink, the transition of water from your kitchen counter straight into the sink has no obstacles.
The 16-gauge T304 stainless steel is both corrosion and rust-resistant, so you can rest assured that despite being situated outdoors, your sink will stay looking beautiful.
It is also very durable, with a thickness of 1.5 mm, resisting dents and marks.
A slightly sloping base ensures that water flows out smoothly and does remain standing in the sink. But you can still place your wine glasses in it without worrying about them toppling over.
This sink is deep enough to take even the largest of your dishes. There are special soundproofing pads underneath as well as NoiseDefend technology to minimize the clatter as you use the sink.
The Kraus KBU11 is simple to install and comes with mounting hardware and a handy cutout template. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer too.
- A high-capacity sink with a deep base
- Dent-resistant 1.5 mm stainless steel
- Attractive satin finish
- Sound barrier technology
- Ease to wipe down counters into the sink
- Some reviewers complain that the sink retains water spots after use
- EXTRA-TOUGH CONSTRUCTION: Dent-resistant T304 stainless steel in TRU16 real 16-gauge (always 1.5mm...
- COMMERCIAL GRADE SATIN FINISH is corrosion and rust-resistant; easily wipes clean
- QUIETEST SINK: NoiseDefend soundproofing technology features extra-thick pads covering over 80% of...
- FREE ACCESSORIES: Protective stainless steel bottom grid, sink strainer, Kraus kitchen towel,...
Houzer E-100 Midnite Quartztone Outdoor Kitchen Sink
The Houzer E-100 possesses many of the qualities that you want in an outdoor sink. It is very durable, has the capacity to resist dirt and is very easy to maintain.
Made from premium quartztone granite and very attractive to look at, using this sink will be a pleasure, not a chore.
It is also very versatile as you will have the option to either install it as an undermount sink or as a drop-in sink, according to your preference.
Either installation method will work to keep cleaning your Houzer E-100 sink easy and low maintenance.
As the sink is designed to be used outdoors, the manufacturer has integrated silver ions into the material so that it resists the presence of bacteria.
The material itself is 80% quartz and 20% acrylic and has a 100% pore-free surface. It is three times harder than natural granite.
Super silencer rubber pads on the underside of the sink keep noise to a minimum when using the sink and also reduce the problem of condensation underneath the sink.
As an outdoor sink, you will be pleased to know it is UV stable and also resistant to thermal shock. It can withstand temperatures in excess of 500 degrees.
The bowl is 13” by 13” by 8” deep and comes with instructions, mounting clips, and the all-important template.
- Material is 3 times stronger than natural granite
- Can be installed as an undermount or drop-in sink
- Silver ions help resist bacteria growth
- UV stable
- The drain needs to be ordered separately
- Easy to Clean - The Houzer Quartztone Granite Dual Mount 13 x 13 inch Single Bowl Bar/Prep Sink is...
- Versatile Installation - This sink, perfect for a small bar or prep area, features a rear-set 3-1/2"...
- Quartztone Granite - Made with Quartztone Granite, this sink is extremely durable, featuring a...
- Optional Accessories - Enhance your sink's functionality with optional Houzer custom accessories,...
Kraus Pax Single Bowl Outdoor Sink
Clean geometric lines and commercial styling give the Kraus Pax Single Bowl Outdoor Sink a contemporary look. The zero-radius corners offer a sharp, strong aesthetic for this striking addition to your outdoor kitchen.
It’s 1.5 mm 16 gauge stainless steel makes this a durable and long-lasting sink. The T304 stainless steel will also amply resist dents and scratches.
80% of the base of the sink is covered in extra-thick rubber pads in order to virtually eliminate any noise when using the sink.
A thick protective coating on the underside of the sink serves to protect the sink base cabinet from condensation damage.
Precise handcrafted channel grooves in the bowl direct water to the drain, allowing the sink to drain both quickly and completely.
Space in the sink is maximized with the straight walls, zero-radius corners, and a 9” deep bowl. This allows the biggest of your cooking dishes to lie flat in the sink for the most effective clean-up.
An optional extra is the drain cap which conceals garbage disposal adapters and waste fittings. The dimensions of the sink are 25” L x 22” W x 9” D.
- Strong aesthetic with geometric lines
- Long-lasting and durable
- Maximum space in the bowl
- Noise reduction feature
- 90-degree corners can be tricky to clean
- KITCHEN SET INCLUDES: Sink, Bottom Grid, Drain Assembly, Removable Drain Cap, Kraus Oven Mitt and...
- DURABLE AND DENT-RESISTANT sink made with high quality TRU16 real 16-gauge T304 stainless steel
- DROP-IN SINK DESIGN allows for easy top mount installation with no need for extensive remodeling of...
- LARGE CAPACITY SINK: Zero-radius corners, 95° side walls, and deep 9” bowl offer more usable...
Houzer A1722-7BS-1 ADA Glowtone Top mount Stainless Steel Outdoor Sink
This is a quality sink that is durable and scratch resistant. The 22 gauge stainless steel is high-grade Type 304, which is exceptionally resistant to corrosion and stains.
It provides a resilient and hygienic surface that will require minimal maintenance and care.
The sink is perfect for outdoor use, and its highlighted, highly polished rim makes this sink certain to be an eye-catching addition to your outdoor kitchen. It will certainly add a touch of class.
The StoneGuard protection is a marble powder-based undercoat applied over the super silencer pad to reduce the amount of noise and clatter when the sink is in use.
This sink comes with three holes, so you have a choice of faucet and accessories.
Dimensions of the bowl are 14″ X 15.75″ X 6.5” deep, and the sink is not confined to just outdoor use.
It can be used in a laundry room, as a bar sink in the basement, or in your kitchen and can fit a 21” base cabinet, so is very easy to install.
Maintenance is simple, with the rounded corners in the bowl making wiping it out a breeze, and there are no awkward angles to deal with.
- Made with 22 gauge T304 stainless steel
- Very resistant to corrosion and staining
- Protective undercoat and silencer pads for noise deadening
- Easy to maintain
- Quite a small sink may not be suitable for a large outdoor kitchen
- Size and Dimensions - Overall size of 17" X 22", with a single prep bowl measuring 14" X 15.75" X...
- Quality Material - Made from 22 gauge T-304 stainless steel for durability and a sleek finish to...
- Advanced Soundproofing - Features StoneGuard undercoat with our patented sound-absorbing pad for...
- Included Accessories - Comes with one basket strainer and a 3.5 inch drain opening for convenient...
Ruvati BBQ Workstation
There is a reason this sink is referred to as a BBQ workstation. Because it is extremely versatile.
Not only does it make a beautiful sink for your outdoor kitchen but also doubles as a food preparation area when paired with its attractive cover/cutting board.
With ledges on the front and back of the sink, the cutting board perfectly covers the sink and extends the counter space, so you have more room to work your culinary magic.
The sink is made with16 gauge premium T304 stainless steel, which has an 18/10 chromium/nickel mix.
This sink will never rust or stain. The commercial grade brushed finish is easy to clean and long-lasting. Unlike a satin finish, the brushed finish will hide any scratches.
It also blends well with most kitchen decor and countertop materials.
The heavy-duty soundproof undercoating on the underside of the sink is teamed with thick rubber padding to reduce condensation and minimize noise.
A sloped base with channel grooves allows water to drain completely and quickly.
Zero radius corners offer the sharp, contemporary look that will make this sink the talking point of your outdoor kitchen. The interior of the bowl is 13.5” x 16” x 10”, meaning it will take some of your deepest dishes.
- Combined sink and work surface
- Handy food prep area
- Premium stainless steel construction
- Modern look
- Zero radius corners may be difficult to clean
- Constructed of MARINE GRADE T-316 Stainless Steel. T-316 is highly resistant to corrosion and can be...
- Practical design for outdoor bbq grills or boat and yacht kitchens: WORKSTATION style sink with...
- Includes thick SOLID CUTTING BOARD constructed of FOOD GRADE HDPE POLYMER that is resistant to...
- Exterior Dimensions: 15" (wide) x 20" (front-to-back) | Interior Bowl Dimensions: 13" (wide) x...
Choosing a sink for your outdoor kitchen is not just going to be for functional reasons; there are many considerations to take into account.
So think about what the primary purpose of the sink will be so you choose the right size and the best material.
You will also need to consider the material that your countertop is made from and whether you want an undermount or topmount sink.
Finally, take a minute to think about how easy or difficult the installation will be and consider your existing plumbing.
Best Type Of Outdoor Sink
Single bowl sinks have a single basin and no dividers. They come in various sizes and dimensions according to the size that you want or need.
You need to think about whether a single bowl will be sufficient for your needs in an outdoor kitchen.
There are single bowl sinks available in various dimensions and materials, so you will have no shortage of options to choose from.
A double bowl sink has two basins with a divider between the two but is still a single unit. These are ideal for both washing and rinsing dishes or for using one to soak dishes with stubborn stains.
When you are entertaining, you can use one bowl full of ice to keep drinks cold and the other side for cleaning up.
Triple bowl sinks feature two basins as well as a draining sink which can also be used as a sanitizing bowl. A triple sink allows you to wash, rinse, and then sanitize your dishes.
In an outdoor kitchen, it would be useful if you like to entertain often and end up with lots of cleaning up to do.
A farmhouse or apron sink is a classical-shaped basin that is typically made from porcelain. It is usually wide and deep with an exposed front that protrudes slightly in front of your kitchen cabinets.
For a good fit, countertops and cabinets will need to be cut to the sink’s exact dimensions. This type of sink would work well in an outdoor kitchen.
Best Outdoor Sink Material
Stainless steel is a common sink material and is just as useful when contemplating an outdoor sink.
There are different gauges and grades of stainless steel, so it is worth looking at which is the most corrosion and stain resistant for use outside.
It is a very durable material overall and is one of the most economical if you are concerned about your budget.
As stone goes, soapstone is relatively soft despite being a metamorphic rock. On the Mohs Hardness Scale, it falls between 1 and 5 depending on the amount of talc in the rock.
For this reason, it is perfect for carving sinks into countertops.
It is a tough material made of dense particles, which makes its surface impenetrable, so it doesn’t need to be sealed.
Natural granite sinks are very durable, and each one will be unique in its appearance due to the blend of the minerals that it contains. They tend to be quite expensive due to the nature of the material.
Porcelain has been used to make sinks for over a hundred years. It is a very tough material that is easy to clean and so is ideal for this purpose. As an outside sink, you don’t have to worry about it corroding or rusting.
Granite composite sinks are made from a mixture of natural granite and acrylic. They are available in a lot of different sizes, styles, and color options and are very durable.
It is a popular choice of material for outside sinks as it does not rust or corrode.
You have two choices for mounting your sink in your countertop, either a topmount or an undermount.
Topmount or drop-in sinks sit in the hole cut into the countertop and are level with the counter surface, having a small lip or rim to separate them.
Undermount means it will be below the level of the counter, making any water drainage or clearing up on surfaces easier.
Things To Consider Before Buying
What Type Of Countertop Do You Have?
The type of countertop that your outdoor sink will be cut into may be a consideration in choosing which sink to go with.
For example, a standard laminate countertop will not look great with an undermount sink, but granite or composite will suit this style very well.
What Size Is Your Current Sink?
If you are intending to just swap your current outdoor sink for a new one, then you will need to be careful with dimensions.
Make sure the new sink is going to fit the existing hole in the countertop without leaving any significant gaps. Check the depth of the sink too.
Ease Of Installation
For those who are planning to install their own outdoor sink, checking how easy or difficult it will be to fit is a good idea.
Complicated installations may be best left to professionals, while a straightforward installation can be done by most people.
How Often Will You Use Your Outdoor Sink?
Finally, consider how often you are likely to use your outside sink. If it is just a nice to have kind of idea and perhaps not get a lot of use, you may want to reconsider if it is worth the expense, time, and effort.
On the other hand, if you know you will use an outdoor sink frequently, then all you need to do is decide which one you’re going to have.
An outdoor sink can make your al fresco dining experience even more enjoyable. There are many uses for it and not just for washing the dishes.
You can use it as a cooler for beers and soft drinks, let frozen food stuff thaw out in safety or use it to wash your garden vegetables.
Having the option to clean up in your outdoor kitchen rather than having to run inside the house with dirty dishes and wine glasses means you can spend more time outside enjoying the warm summer evening and the company of friends and family.