Nowadays, showerheads are fancy, sophisticated devices. The modest, basic shower head is just one of many options. From handheld showerheads to fancy rain shower heads that track your water consumption, the options are endless.
Although dozens of brands manufacture shower heads, a few stick out at the forefront of the industry. Delta and Moen are known for their revolutionary fixtures, including bathroom and kitchen faucets. This article pits the pair against each other to help you decide which option is better for your home, so continue reading to learn more!
Like many other industry-leading companies, Delta offers a diverse range of products, including kitchen and bathroom faucets, showerheads, etc. Before we compare and contrast the two companies, let’s take a look at Delta and what it has to offer.
History Of Delta
Before we get into the specifics of Delta’s offerings, let’s take a quick look at its history.
Delta was founded in 1954 by Alex Manoogian when they introduced the first ball-valve single handle faucet.
Over the years, the company branched out from faucets alone, incorporating various plumbing fixtures into its lineup. Today, the company produces various kitchen and bathroom fixtures with advanced technology in several lineups.
Delta is constantly striving to improve and offer innovative products. In the company’s shower collection, they have several patented technologies.
Pros And Cons
Delta’s impressive shower head product line offers various advantages and disadvantages that set it apart from other competitors. A few of the advantages of Delta’s showerheads includes:
- Innovative Technology: Delta focuses on combining cutting-edge technology with its products, including its lineup of showerheads. The company’s patented technologies for showers include H20kinetic, Spot Guard, and Delta In2ition.
The H20kinetic shower features a design that offers more coverage simply by tinkering with the wave pattern. The products in this collection release water in a specific, high-velocity pattern.
Shower products with Spot Guard technology boast an extra coating in the exterior parts and glass panels, which helps mitigate hard water stains and keep things clean.
Delta’s In2ition technology allows users to have the option of using the showerhead and handheld showerhead simultaneously or separately. The dual functionality allows you to adjust according to your preferences to improve your showering experience.
- Diverse Product Collection: Delta’s lineup of shower fixtures offers an abundant range of choices. You can find products in varying designs, finishes, etc. Their shower products extend beyond just shower heads: you can even buy a customized shower door built specifically for your shower!
- Wide Price Range: Another high point of Delta’s offerings is its pricing diversity. You can find products under $50 or products in the several-hundred-dollar range. No matter what your budget is, Delta has something to offer.
- Dedicated To EPA Standards: EPA regulations are nothing to sneeze at and are something Delta takes very seriously. The company is committed to contributing to the environment by always complying with the standards outlined by the EPA. Their commitment to these standards has earned them the award of WaterSense Sustained Excellence.
Despite the myriad of benefits of Delta’s shower fixtures, there are a few drawbacks to keep in mind.
- Subpar Water Pressure: Excellent water pressure is an important defining factor for many people. Although Delta offers a diverse product line and features cutting-edge technologies in its products, it falls short on water pressure. Its products never dip below a rate of 1.6GPM, but it’s rather pitiful compared to other features and rival offerings.
- Faulty Mixer Sensitivity: Several customers have mentioned issues with the mixer sensitivity in their Delta products. The mixer helps you pick the perfect shower temperature, so a lackluster mixer is a disappointment.
Popular Delta Shower Heads
Although Delta’s showerheads have a few areas for improvement, there’s no doubting the product’s popularity. Many of the company’s products boast rave reviews, but here are a few of the most popular options:
- Delta Faucet In2ition 2-in-1 Dual Shower Head
- Delta Faucet 7-Spray Hand Held Shower Head
- Delta Faucet Single-Spray Rain Shower Head
- Delta Faucet H20kinetic In2ition 2-in-1 Dual Shower Head
- HAND SHOWER AND SHOWER HEAD IN ONE: The In2ition 2-in-1 Dual Shower allows you to use the hand...
- 3X COVERAGE: Delta H2Okinetic PowerDrench Spray provides 3X more coverage than a standard shower...
- 5 POWERFUL SPRAY SETTINGS: Choose between H2OKinetic PowerDrench spray, full body spray, full spray...
- RELIABLE MAGNATITE DOCKING: An integrated magnet on the back of the handheld shower head snaps your...
Moen is a massive company that develops plumbing fixtures and is among the industry leaders. From its functional kitchen faucets to its variety of showerheads, Moen offers many high-quality products to serve various needs.
History Of Moen
Moen has slightly more interesting roots than Delta. Reel back to 1937, when Al Moen burned his hands while using a traditional two-handle faucet. The experience inspired Al Moen to design the first single-handle faucet, a design that revolutionized the industry.
The company has bloomed, growing and branching out from the initial foundation. Today, the company offers various different fixtures, including showerheads. Like Delta, Moen boasts numerous patented technologies that simplify and enhance users’ experience.
Pros And Cons
As with any product lineup, Moen’s shower line isn’t without its fair share of pros and cons. A few of the high points of Moen’s shower offerings include:
- Rain-like Experience: If showering in a soothing rainfall sounds nice to you, you’ll probably enjoy Moen’s Rainshower technology. The tech ensures the water pressure remains consistent and offers exceptional coverage with its self-pressurizing channels.
- Reduces Water Waste: Moen’s Envi Eco-Performance product line features a special design that helps you save water by a considerable amount. In fact, you can reduce your water wastage by 20-30% each time, which helps you cut back on your utility bills. Bonus: you probably won’t even notice the reduced water consumption, as the technology doesn’t compromise your showering experience.
- Spa Treatment: Consider Moen’s vertical spa pieces if you’re looking for a spa-like shower at home. With these products, you can experience an invigorating spa-like shower from the comfort of your own home. These showers combine multiple fixtures, including handheld showers, fixed showerheads, and adjustable body jets.
Feeling like you could use a massage? Moen has you covered. Its massage setting on certain showerheads is great for soothing tired and sore muscles.
In addition to its spa-like showerheads, Moen also offers Aromatherapy showerheads. You can use capsules of essential oils in your favorite scents, set at a specific dilution setting, to create the perfect, relaxing showering experience.
Although Moen is a solid choice for your shower fixture needs, there are a few drawbacks to consider.
- Costly: Moen’s shower systems can become pretty pricey, depending on the model(s) you go for. Compared to other similar brands, Moen’s showerheads can be on the expensive end and unaffordable for many people. If you’re on a tight budget, Moen may not have an option for you.
- Tricky Installation: If you’re not familiar with shower fixture installations, you may have difficulty installing the system. If you don’t install the shower valve correctly, it can become loose and wobble, causing issues. Of course, you can always enlist the help of a professional.
Popular Moen Shower Heads
Although Moen’s shower heads can be pricey, they certainly don’t disappoint. Whether you need a regular shower head or are seeking a luxurious, spa-like treatment within your own home, Moen has something for you. A few popular picks include:
- Moen Attract Magnetix Chrome Rainshower Combo 26008
- Nebia by Moen
- Moen S6320 Rainshower 8-inch Showerhead
- Moen Aromatherapy
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Chrome finish is highly reflective for a mirror-like look that works with any...
- MAGNETIC BASE: The magnetic docking system allows you to easily detach and use as a handheld shower...
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR SHOWER: Multiple distinct shower settings gives flexibility and variety
- FLEXIBLE: Features a kink-free metal hose that extends reach and flexibility
Moen vs. Delta
With an idea of each company and the area it excels in mind, let’s place the two against each other. We’ll look at a few different areas to help you decide which option is better for your home. so, without further ado, let’s get started!
An exceptional warranty is a non-negotiable aspect for many homeowners. Who wants to buy an expensive faucet, only to have it fail a few months or years later, only to find out there’s no warranty? Not us.
Both Delta and Moen offer impressive warranties on their products. Delta’s bathing products come with a 10-year limited warranty for residential users. Moen offers even better coverage with a limited lifetime warranty. So, whether you buy a Delta showerhead or one from Moen’s lineup, you can proceed with peace of mind knowing it’s covered under warranty for at least a decade.
Whether you’re building a house or simply investing in a few new showerheads, budgeting is often an important part of the process. If you’re working with a limited budget, Delta may have more options within your price range.
If budget isn’t an issue or you feel like splurging on a luxurious showerhead, Moen has plenty to offer. Moen products tend to lean toward the pricier end of the spectrum, even with entry-level models.
In terms of application versatility, Delta is the better option for individuals who enjoy technological advancements. The company’s shower collections feature various types of tech integrated into the design. From innovations like In2ition to Spot Guard, Delta has you covered.
On the flip side, Moen prioritizes its designs and performance. As a result, you can expect a satisfying shower using these products, particularly the rain tech showerheads. Unlike Delta, fancy tech isn’t a focal point for Moen. So, if you prefer the comforts of integrated technology in your showering experience, Delta may be the better option.
Both brands offer showerheads in varying sizes and configurations, some with hoses, others without. From standard showerheads to fancy rain-like showerheads, there are plenty of options. Regardless of the size of your bathroom and the available space, you can likely find something from the lineup that will meet your needs.
No matter what the aesthetic of your bathroom is, Delta and Moen have you covered. Both brands offer an extensive range of finish options for their shower and bath fixtures. From the rich, dark hues of oil-rubbed bronze to the sleek, warm color of champagne bronze, you can find something to match your bathroom’s color scheme.
The specific spraying options on Delta and Moen showerheads hinge on the model you choose. However, with that said, Delta showerheads tend to have more options. The company offers nine powerful spray settings, including several designs to provide extra coverage.
Moen doesn’t fall far behind, with eight spray patterns and six spray modes. Again, the rain-like showerheads are a high point of Moen’s showerhead options.
Both of these companies play their part in environmental conservation efforts through water conservation. Delta holds an award for EPA WaterSense Sustained Excellence.
Moen also contributes to the health of the planet by conserving 20-30 percent of water in every shower, all without compromising your showering experience.
Which Is Better: Delta Or Moen Shower Heads?
Picking a winner between Delta and Moen is no easy feat. Both brands offer numerous options, each featuring unique pros and cons. Ultimately, the best option for you depends on your preferences and budget.
For example, consider the options within Delta’s lineup if you’re on a tight budget but need a high-quality showerhead. If you’re looking to buy a fancy, technologically advanced showerhead, Delta has plenty to offer.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for an “at one with nature” experience from the comfort of your own home, Moen has a few options for you. Its Rainshower lineup offers various models, each providing a rain-like experience.
So, the decision really falls to you and what you’re looking for from your showering experience. You can proceed with peace of mind with whichever brand you choose, knowing you’re purchasing from a reputable brand!