Remodeling your home or just straight-up building a brand new house?
You’re going to need some faucets to come with your appliances! Faucets aren’t one of those things that you get just to get by; they are one of your primary sources for getting water. Water is a prime essential for our health, safety, and survival as your body needs to keep hydrated, and you need to wash your body, hands, and any food that you prepare.
Kitchen faucets are something you utilize daily and frequently, so it’s best to research a great brand and model that fits your needs.
Two of the leading brands for your household faucets are Grohe and Kohler. They have both achieved luxury brand status among many consumers.
Both of them have an exemplary foundation and history, providing faucets that provide quality water service. Let’s get a better understanding of these two companies to get more information on the best type of faucets for you.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Grohe
Grohe is one of the leading global luxury brands for kitchen fittings and bathroom solutions that create innovative water products. In general, the price of fixtures from Grohe is higher than other brands.
They have a company slogan of “Pure Freude an Wasser”, which means “The Joy of Water”, which rings true to their mission.
They are committed to delivering the best experience with quality water products. Grohe is a German company with headquarters still in Germany, so you can trust that you’re getting good old German engineering and manufacturing when it comes to their products.
As a unique aspect of the company, Grohe is committed to attention to detail and its quality and sustainability. This includes how much water is dispensed, how water is heated and kept in maintenance, and their built-in monitoring system to signal you if there’s water damage.
Grohe also tests its products with an independent laboratory to ensure unbiased quality results.
Not only does Grohe touch upon faucets for both kitchen and bathroom environments, but they also have products in toilets, wall carriers in the bathroom, accessories in both kitchen and bathrooms, which do include soap dispensers, bar holders, and bathroom lighting, showers, tubs, entire water systems for the kitchen, and has the option for smart control appliances to add specific instructions.
Grohe has a great range of options for you to choose from for your bathroom and kitchen assortments, and they definitely don’t shy away from their objective of supplying the best sort of water service.
Since they entered the market, Grohe faucets have expanded a bit on their designs, and they also emphasize their no-touch kitchen faucets, where they can be activated via your foot or wrist by the sensor. They obviously still have their traditional faucet designs as well such as the Grohe Bauflow.
Pros and Cons of Grohe
|Parts are majority made with metals, not plastic||Costs more|
|Able to retain hot temperatures faster and longer time periods||Known for their designs to be more focused on contemporary|
|More durable and lasts longer||Parts do weigh a bit heavier|
|Offers sustainable performance|
|Focuses on water products|
- Sleek, contemporary design is perfect for a secondary sink
- Triple-function spray head with stream, shower and blade sprays
- Full 360° swivel for maximum versatility and sink coverage
- GROHE Magnetic Docking for secure docking of spray head
- Grohe Silk Move ceramic cartridge
- Grohe Starlight chrome finish
- The Grohe easy dock is easy retraction and smooth docking back to the starting position
- Pullout dual spray control - switches back and forth between regular flow and spray
- Convenient pull-out spray head for optimal reach in sink
- Dual spray easily switches from regular stream to spray
- GROHE SilkMove ensures smooth, precise handle operation
- Designed to complement every kitchen style
Introduction to Kohler
On the other hand, Kohler is an American manufacturing company that focuses a lot on their plumbing products.
They have a diverse supply of products for your household that expand beyond the bathroom and kitchen to power generators and furniture. Kohler also has a subsidiary called Destination Kohler that owns several resorts, spas, and golf courses. They also do have a focus on their water products for appliances in your house, and they also have an option for Smart Home capabilities.
As a manufacturing company, Kohler doesn’t just focus on water appliances for your home. They also have a wide basic selection for lighting, from flush mounts to chandeliers and bathroom vanities – such as the Kohler Alteo series.
Their Smart Home characteristics also expand to mirrors, showers, medicine cabinets, toilets, and voice-activated sinks and kitchen faucets. It’s probably likely that you already have a couple of Kohler products across your house because of their wide range of products.
For Kohler’s faucets, their designs have a broad collection to meet your bathroom or kitchen style. They also offer touchless faucets, but with an addition of Smart Home applications where you can use a phone application to monitor the water levels, status, and if there’s a need for maintenance as well.
Pros and Cons of Kohler
|Less expensive||Might require frequent maintenance|
|Offers more frequent discounts and promotions||Might need to wait for a longer period of time for parts to be shipped|
|Lifetime warranty||Mass production has led to some materials to be made from plastic|
|More variety in design of faucets|
|Smart Home and phone compatibility|
- Pull down kitchen faucet: Allows you to control water with one hand and reaches beyond the sink to...
- 3 function spray head: Includes stream, boost, and sweep spray technologies. Boost allows you to...
- Easy install: Hose and spray head pre-installed. Comes with flexible supply lines for easy water...
- Magnetic docking: Docknetic magnetic docking system securely locks the spray head into place
- PULL-OUT KITCHEN FAUCET: Allows you to control water with one hand and reaches beyond the sink to...
- 2-FUNCTION SPRAY HEAD: Includes stream and spray. Functionality of stream allows you to use for...
- EASY INSTALL: Hose and spray head pre-installed. Comes with flexible supply lines for easy water...
- MAGNETIC DOCKING: DockNetic magnetic docking system securely locks the sprayhead into place
- Two-function pull-down sprayhead with touch-control allows you to switch from stream to Sweep spray
- Sweep spray features specially angled nozzles that form a wide, powerful blade of water to sweep...
- DockNetik magnetic docking system securely locks the sprayhead into place when not in use
- KOHLER ceramic disc valves exceed industry longevity standards for a lifetime of durable performance
Grohe Vs Kohler: What Brand is Best For You?
To help you break down and understand these two companies, we can compare them to car companies. Grohe is like Mercedes-Benz since they’re both German companies, while Kohler is like Ford, an American company.
Grohe’s products have become much more durable with their tenacious materials and foundation, but this causes their faucets to be more costly and heavier in weight.
On the other hand, Kohler’s faucets are lighter, and their Smart Home capabilities allow them to be controlled and monitored with a smartphone application, not just a touchless kitchen faucet sensor. Though Kohler’s products may be on the cheaper end, it doesn’t deter them from having best in class performance with their higher-end products.
Grohe as a company focuses solely on water products: faucets, sinks, shower faucets, and heads, so they’re to have outstanding performance and quality.
But because Kohler is a manufacturing company that encompasses a variety of products, not just faucets and showers, this may be a better option if you’re also planning on looking into other sorts of furniture or appliances for your home.
Faucets require maintenance and Kohler’s products tend to need more care to keep their faucets at operating at peak performance. That said, replacement and new parts sometimes do lag.
Customer service with Grohe has excellent reviews, and the attention you get shows that they understand when you need to have questions answered.
You cannot argue against getting good faucets for your home. They are a crucial part of your kitchen and bathroom(s) and provide sustainable and clean water necessary for daily life.
Whether your options lie with Grohe, Kohler, or perhaps you’re deciding on other luxury brands, you should invest your time into looking for the best faucet for your needs.
Last update on 2021-07-30 / Some Images from Amazon Product Advertising API