Time to replace your old kitchen sink? Or maybe you are planning a new remodel to freshen up your kitchen. Whatever the reason, no kitchen is complete without the perfect kitchen sink.
Kraus and Kohler are two great choices if you are looking for a stylish sink that won’t tank your budget. Both of these brands provide affordable sinks that are built to last and beautifully crafted. We will tell you everything you need to find the sink with the right features at the right price.
Table of Contents
Kraus – Incredible Variety
Kraus carries a wide variety of home fixtures and plumbing products. They have an impressive selection of kitchen sinks—with plenty of options when it comes to size, installation type, and bowl configuration.
There are endless possibilities over 14 different product lines and 15 different colors to choose from. They offer several design styles, from clean and commercial zero-radius edges to traditional and elegant farmhouse style sinks with extra-deep bowls.
There are many different bowl configurations available. You can find utility basins, double bowls, and single bowl configurations. For tight spaces, the KORE Series offers an excellent solution for those who want a system to stay organized.
Are Kraus sinks made in China?
Kraus is an importer of top mount, under-mount, and apron front sinks focusing on stellar design and high quality. While some brands like Kohler manufacturer their parts in the US, most of Kraus’ parts are made overseas, in China in particular. Their sinks are seriously durable and made from heavy-duty materials.
- Stainless Steel – their stainless steel sinks are made from ultra-thick 16TRU16 real 15-gauge. It’s incredibly strong, easy to maintain, looks good, and lasts a lifetime.
- Granite/Quartz Composite – the surface is hard, smooth, compact, and non-porous, making it a breeze to keep clean. It comes in a variety of different colors.
- Fireclay – sourced from Italy, which is known for producing some of the finest fireclay in the world. It’s durable, scratch-resistant, and stylish. It also comes in a variety of colors.
Do Kraus Sinks Rust?
There have been reports of rust spots showing up, but this is easy to prevent. Kraus’ sinks feature rust-resistant coatings, but certain finishes like stainless steel or enamel will oxidize, and rust will develop if they aren’t cleaned properly—especially if you have hard water. With proper care, even the least expensive sinks can stay rust-free for a lifetime. Below are some other issues that cause rust.
- Cleaning with metal scouring pads or harsh chemicals
- Leaving rubber mats inside the sink.
- Standing water.
Background and Guarantees
Based out of Port Washington, New York, with branches located throughout the US, Kraus has quickly risen as one of the biggest names in the plumbing and fixture market since the company started in 2007.
They’ve been steadily growing thanks to their focus on innovation and incredible attention to detail. You can tell from their relatively short history that the company has put a lot of effort into developing its product lines to hone in on what people need.
All of their sinks are ADA compliant, IAPMO Shield certified, AB1953 compliant, and backed by a limited lifetime warranty. These sinks are well-constructed, but there’s always a chance something can get damaged during shipping; that’s why Kraus has a 30-day return policy from the day of the delivery.
|Durable||Premium models can be pricey|
|Stylish||Some coatings are harder to maintain|
|Wide variety of models, colors, coatings, and bowl styles|
|Affordable with high-end options as well|
- WORKSTATION SINK with 2-tier track system allows you to slide custom accessories across the sink on...
- SPACIOUS SINGLE BOWL: Deep sink with tight-radius corners and offset drain creates an uninterrupted...
- HEAVY-DUTY 16 GAUGE STEEL – Made with TRU16, the thickest stainless steel on the market, this...
- ENGINEERED FOR EASY DRAINING with off-set drain gently sloped bottom and channel grooves that avoids...
- Made of stainless steel | Corrosion and rust-resistant, will not fade over time | Set includes Sink,...
- Product dimensions | Overall – 32” L x 19” W x 10” D | Min cabinet size – 36” | Bowl –...
- A best-selling stainless steel sink paired with a commercial kitchen faucet for an in-demand...
- Resilient and easy to clean commercial-grade satin finish resists corrosion and rust & matches most...
- INDESTRUCTIBLE CONSTRUCTION: Dent-resistant T304 stainless steel in TRU16 real 16-gauge (always...
- COMMERCIAL GRADE SATIN FINISH: Resilient and easy to clean, corrosion and rust-resistant; matches...
- QUIETEST SINK: NoiseDefend soundproofing technology with non-toxic Sound Guard undercoating and...
- Outer Sink Dimensions: 30” L x 18” W x 10” D. Min Cabinet Size: 33”; Oversized bowl will...
Kohler – Unmatched Quality
Kohler sinks are very popular with professionals and DIY homeowners looking for something durable and stylish. Although Kohler is known for remarkable craftsmanship, they are able to offer more affordable prices than most of their competitors.
They provide some of the best deals on standard 1-hole, 2-hole, and 3-hole installation kitchen sinks. While their range of products isn’t quite as broad as Kraus’, they have a versatile enough selection to fit in with any project.
Why Are Kohler Sinks so Expensive?
Sometimes higher quality costs more, but they have a range of price options. Models like the Kohler Whitehaven Farmhouse sink are examples of their more luxurious sinks and one of their bestsellers. Its enameled cast iron has a rich finish for a classic, sophisticated look. You have a lot of color options to play with. Dark colors can make bold statements, while pale tones add dimension.
Are Kohler Sinks worth the money?
Products like the Whitehaven Farmhouse sink reflect over a century of craftsmanship, and the price is reasonable for what you are getting. If you compare the prices to products in the same class, you’ll notice they are lower. If you are looking for a more practical option, Kohler has plenty of budget-friendly sinks like the Kohler Verse top-mount kitchen sink.
Kohler sinks are built to last a lifetime and come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Sinks are made from 3 different materials.
- Stainless Steel – incredibly stain resistant, rust-resistant, and durable. Hot pans can’t hurt them, and they are easier to maintain than a material like fireclay.
- Cast Iron Enamel – their enameled cast iron stands up to anything you put against it. Many people love cast iron because it adds character to the kitchen.
- Composite – NEOROC, a concrete composite, is rich in color and provides a warm matte finish. It pairs well with natural stone countertops. It’s rock solid and resistant to scratches, stains, and chips.
Company Origin and Reputation + Pros/Cons
Kohler is a mature multinational corporation with an outstanding reputation. The company started in plumbing and broadened its operations to become a global leader in multiple industries. It has its hand in everything from real estate to healthcare.
John Michael Kohler started the company in 1873 in Kohler, Wisconsin, where they are headquartered out of today. As a leader in the plumbing business for well over 100 years, they have had plenty of time to refine every aspect of their business.
Sometimes sinks can break from accidents, lack of maintenance, or water build-up. If this happens, you can quickly and easily replace your sink. They back all of their sinks with a lifetime warranty, which shows me they have a lot of confidence in the construction of their sinks.
|Extremely well-crafted||Higher-end models can be pricey|
|Lifetime warranty||Some finishes are harder to maintain|
|Noise reduction stainless steel sinks|
- SINK SIZING: 33" x 17 3/4"
- MINIMUM CABINET BASE WIDTH: 33" to 36" minimum cabinet base width, if doing 33", modifications to...
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Sink includes a bamboo cutting board, grated racks, wash bin and colander...
- KITCHEN WORKSPACE: The sinks grated ledges allows you to place your accessories at your desired...
- Fits minimum 36-inch apron sink base cabinet
- Basin slopes 2 degrees toward drain to minimize water pooling
- Offset drain increases workspace in the sink and storage space underneath.Acid-resistant enamel...
- 9-inch depth
- Premium Steel: 33 inch Task Sink is made of premium 18-gauge stainless steel resists rust and...
- Single Bowl: 9 inch depth bowl with tightly angled fabricated corners to maximize a generous...
- SilentShield Plus: Superior quality sound-absorption technology provides quieter performance
- Dual-Mount Sink: Task Sink can be installed either undermount or top-mount (installed above or below...
Kraus vs. Kohler: Which Brand is Best for You?
Kraus and Kohler are similar in a lot of ways. They both make every standard type of sink, their finishes are similar, and even their logos look the same. The main differences between the two can be found in their product selection.
Kraus has more variety, especially when it comes to bowl configurations and colors. Don’t get me wrong, Kohler’s selection is versatile enough for virtually any kitchen design. While both brands offer products for any sized budget, I think Kohler’s high-end sinks are unmatched in terms of craftsmanship.
Last update on 2021-10-27 / Some Images from Amazon Product Advertising API